Earlier we have seen how to run an existing project, we will now see how to create an application project from scratch.
You can get all the libraries needed from Click Here
- Open keil IDE and click on Project in main menu and select "New uVision Project"
- On selecting Redpine's Software Pack a window open's to manage run time packs. You can click on "Select Packs" at the bottom of the page to see the latest Pack that you have selected to use. Click OK to close those windows.
- It opens "Create New Project" window. You can choose the location and enter the name for your project.
- The project is created with the file name given. Change the target name. Right click on target and click on "Add Group" to add your intended groups.
- Then add the libraries and application files to your project folders. Right click on folder and click on Add Existing files to group and add your files.
- Now under Options for Target → C/C++ enter the following macros that are visible in the image below. Also include all the header file paths in the "Include Paths".
- Under Options for Target → User enable the check boxes as shown below and give the following commands. Enter the same output file_name that is given under Target → Output. And click OK. The following commands are used for generating binary after building an application.
C:Keil_v5ARMARMCCbinfromelf.exe -c -s --output=outputfile_name.asm Objectsfile_name.axf
C:Keil_v5ARMARMCCbinfromelf.exe --bin --output=outputfile_name.bin Objectsfile_name.axf
- Go to Project → "Options for Target" → Debug → CMSIS DAP Debugger Settings → Flash Download and click on Add to add the FLM file to the project and click OK.
- Click on Build in Project → Build Target, this generates the .bin and .asm in the output folder of your project directory.
- To load an application into device, first erase the Quessence application memory from Flash → Erase.
- And then download the binary into Quessence board from Flash → Download.
- You will be able to see your application running.